Jameis Winston signed a 4 year, $25,351,277 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including a $16,697,292 signing bonus, $25,351,277 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,337,819. In 2016, Winston will earn a base salary of $525,000, a signing bonus of $5,844,052 and a roster bonus of $1,062,331. Winston has a cap hit of $5,761,654 while his dead money value is $15,430,300. NFL BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Winston set franchise rookie records in pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns. Winston finished his rookie season with 4,042 passing yards, finishing 23 yards short of the franchise record set by Josh Freeman in 2012. Winston also became the third rookie quarterback to pass over 4,000 yards in a season.
Jameis Winston was selected to his first Pro Bowl game in the 2016, making him the first rookie QB in Buccaneers’ history to be selected.
- Most passing touchdowns in a single game by a rookie quarterback: 5 (tied with Ray Buivid and Matthew Stafford)
- Most passing touchdowns, rookie, one half: 4 (tied with Marcus Mariota) Nov 22, 2015
- Youngest player, 3000 yards passing: (21 years, 342 days) Dec 13, 2015
- Youngest player, 4000 yards passing: (21 years, 362 days) Jan 3, 2016
- Youngest player to pass for 40 touchdowns: (22 years, 312 days) Nov 13,
Buccaneers franchise records
- Most passing touchdowns in a game – 5 (tied) (November 22, 2015 vs. Philadelphia Eagles)
- Most passing touchdowns by a rookie – 22
- Most passing yards by a rookie – 4,042
- Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a season – 6
- Highest single-season completion percentage by a rookie (minimum 16 games) – 58.3
ABOUT THE MAN:
Jameis L. Winston (/ˈdʒeɪməs/, JAY-miss, born January 6, 1994) is an American football quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). Born and raised in Alabama, he was a highly regarded quarterback in high school, and led his team to the state championship as a junior. Winston played college football for the Florida State Seminoles and as a Redshirt freshman became the youngest player to win the Heisman Trophy and helped lead the Seminoles to a victory in the 2014 BCS National Championship Game. In his sophomore and final year, the Seminoles advanced to the Rose Bowl, part of the college football playoff. Winston also played on Florida State’s baseball team. Winston was drafted as the first overall pick by the Buccaneers in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Winston was born in Bessemer, Alabama on January 6, 1994. He attended Hueytown High School, where he played both football and baseball. Winston was considered the best dual-threat quarterback recruit in the nation by Rivals.com, the best overall QB recruit by ESPN. Winston was also named the MVP of the ESPN RISE Elite 11 quarterback camp. Additionally, Winston earned the Gatorade Player of the Year recognition, for the state of Alabama. He led Hueytown to a state championship during his junior year.
Florida State University on February 3, 2012. The Texas Rangers selected Winston in the 15th round of the 2012 Major League Baseball Draft out of high school. Though the Rangers proposed allowing him to play for the Florida State Seminoles football team while working out with their baseball organization, Winston decided not to sign.Winston committed to attend
Prior to the 2013 season, Winston was named Florida State’s starting quarterback. In his college debut, he completed 25 of 27 passes with four passing touchdowns along with a rushing touchdown against the University of Pittsburgh.
Winston won the Heisman Trophy on December 14, 2013, beating out quarterbacks AJ McCarron, Jordan Lynch, and Johnny Manziel, the previous winner, as well as running backs Tre Mason and Andre Williams. He became the second freshman to win the award, after Manziel won the previous year. He also became the youngest to win the award, at 19 years and 342 days.
On January 6, 2014, Winston’s 20th birthday, Florida State defeated Auburn 34–31 in the 2014 BCS National Championship Game. Winston was named the Offensive MVP of the game after passing for 235 yards with two touchdowns.
Winston started 13 games his redshirt sophomore season. He did not play in one game due to suspension. After a 13–0 regular season, the Seminoles were selected to play in the 2015 Rose Bowl, a semifinal game in the College Football Playoff, against Oregon. Oregon would win the game 59–20, giving Winston his only loss as a starter during his college career. Winston finished the season with 3,907 passing yards and 25 touchdowns.
2015 NFL Draft. He finished his career 26–1 as a starter and completed 562 of 851 passes for 7,964 yards, 65 touchdowns and 28 interceptions.After the season, Winston entered the
Winston chose Florida State in part because he was allowed to play for the Florida State Seminoles baseball team in addition to football. A switch-hitting batter and a right-handed thrower, he played as an outfielder and a pitcher as a freshman in 2013. He batted .235 with a .723 on-base plus slugging in 119 at-bats and had a 3.00 earned run average in 27 innings pitched. Prior to the 2014 season, Winston was named a preseason All-American by Baseball America as a 3rd team utility player.
- Heisman Trophy (2013)
- Walter Camp Award (2013)
- Manning Award (2013)
- Archie Griffin Award (2013)
- AP Player of the Year (2013)
- Sporting News Player of the Year (2013)
- BCS National Championship (2014)
- BCS National Championship Offensive MVP (2014)
- Orange Bowl champion (2013)
- Consensus All-American (2013)
- 2× First-team All-ACC (2013,2014)
- ACC Player of the Year (2013)
- ACC Offensive Player of the Year (2013)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (2013)
- ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year (2013)
- ACC Athlete of the Year (2014)
- College Football Performance National Freshman of the Year (2013)
- ACC Championship Game MVP (2013)
- 3× ACC Championship (2012, 2013, 2014)
- USA Today High School All-American (2011)